||Copyright 1991 David Jurgens
size_t fread( void *buf, size_t size, size_t count, FILE *fp )
- prototype in stdio.h
- reads (count * size) bytes from file stream "fp"
- returns the number of blocks actually read
- to get better feedback from this function, the parameters "size"
and "count" may be swapped. If count is 1, this method allows
fread() to return the actual number of bytes read
- using fread or any of the stdio functions results in a default
allocation of 512 bytes for the I/O buffer and the inclusion of
the standard memory allocation functions
- returns 0 (or short count) on eof or error
- see fopen() fread() setvbuf()
|Esc or Alt-X to exit